Monday, April 18, 2011

Is Jesus really enough?

I've got to be honest.  Lately that question has been a bit hard to answer.  Some days the answer is absolutely yes.  Other days it's really hard to even see if Jesus is still there.  But all the same I know the right answer.  I'm sure most of us do.  The answer is that God is all sufficient.  That his power is made perfect in our weakness.  That he is the creator and sustainer of all.  That he will never leave us nor forsake us. 

But what do you do when it appears God is missing in action?  What do you do when God seems to be taking a bit of a siesta?  This week we'll see what Jesus did when his Father was missing in action.  We'll see exactly how he reacted when his father let the entirety of the sins of the world be lumped on his innocent shoulders.  This week is celebrated in the traditional church as holy week.  It's a time to remember all that God has done.  It's a time to celebrate the life, death, and very soon the resurrection of Jesus.  We're going to get distracted by the gloomy weather, the craptastic things that happen in our lives, the economy, and even those tiny plastic eggs. 

Here's a verse that I'm going to use to guide me this week.  It's a busy week for pastors.  It's a crazy week for just about everyone so rest in this passage and all that it entails this week.  Paul says in 1 Corinthians 1 - For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

This verse is so great because when God is at his weakest and dumbest points (not that he has those) he is still stronger and smarter than I'll ever be!  He knows the end of this roller coaster even though I can't even see past today.  He is hovering above me carrying the brunt of this weight even though I feel as if the world is crashing on my shoulders. 

Join me in giving God today.  Join me in turning over all of your junk to the God who is strong enough and smart enough to handle it all.  Let him have it because he is completely capable of shouldering anything you can throw at him. 

God today be my rock.  Carry my problems.  Lift the weight.  In your wisdom give me answers to the questions that I face.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment